vaapidecode to xvimagesink

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 21:09:50 PST 2014

Hi,

2014/1/13 Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com>:
> Le lundi 13 janvier 2014 à 10:36 -0800, rrazavi a écrit :
>> Would you please give me a sample command line using vaapi and
>> videoconvert ?
>
> It seems it does not work. Not sure what they did, but it's possible
> that the memory cannot be mapped. Would have to ask the GStreamer VAAPI
> maintainer.

IIRC, Matthieu has a patch I was about to include yesterday but I have
not tested it yet. This would require GStreamer >= 1.2 and VA driver
that efficiently supports  vaDeriveImage(), e.g. Intel HD Graphics
hardware. Otherwise, this kind of pipeline provides too much overhead
that I don't want to expose that by default.

If vaapisink doesn't have the desired function, then the proper thing
is to fix it there first. In order of efficiency (power and
performance), we have vaapisink > { cluttersink, glimagesink } >
xvimagesink.

Regards,
Gwenole.