Chroma key (green/blue screen) blending

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Jan 15 09:45:33 PST 2014

Le mercredi 15 janvier 2014 à 17:08 +0100, Peter Maersk-Moller a écrit :

> Thanks Sebastian. Should have seen that myself. Seems like the alpha
> plugin can convert I420 to BGRA pretty much like videoconvert though
> it add the feature I suggested, but with more sophistication. Unless
> it has a different setup, I could suggest to merge videoconvert and
> alpha, but that is just an oppinion.

Alpha does not do conversion, it simply change the bits that match the
color (with some configurable fuzz) into alpha, if needed it will add an
alpha channel to the video buffers (may require a copy). It is not very
useful to try and merge alpha and videoconvert, as they are not doing
the same work except for adding an alpha channel, though alpha is in
most cases more efficient at doing so. In production pipeline, you may
need to use a combination of both.

regards,
Nicolas