How to stream a file in loop without timestamp reset

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jan 19 03:32:34 PST 2014

On So, 2014-01-19 at 02:05 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm able to stream a file in loop the following way
> 1. Construct the pipeline
> 2. Set the pipeline to playing mode
> 3. Catch EOS
> 4. Set the pipeline to NULL
> 5. Repeat 1 to 4
>
> But here the timestamps are reset during every execution. I'm using RTP/UDP
> streaming here. I will have to restart my custom android player during every
> run
>
> Is there any way to this work without resetting the timestamp, instead let
> it continue from the previous end state?

Easiest is to use segment seeks. Then you don't get an EOS event but
just a segment-done message in the application. From there you can just
seek back again to the beginning.

You will need to adjust the segments to make the running time be
continuous after every loop instead of starting from 0 again, see
gst_pad_set_offset().

Expertise, Straight from the Source