transmit video stream- file from the pc

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Jan 28 14:17:19 PST 2014

Well, videotestsrc generates raw video frames that aren't encoded. Your
file (movie.mpeg4) should be encoded already, so you don't need the
ffenc_mpeg4 filter. I think that your pipeline should be something like
gst-launch -v filesrc location=movie.mp4 ! rtpmp4vpay ! udpsink
host=192.168.1.16 port=5000

I don't know mpeg very well so there might be some other conversion
required, but that should be close.