Interleave with Alsasink Pipeline Problem

adweldon david.weldon at vecima.com
Mon Jul 7 11:04:52 PDT 2014

I'm trying to create a fairly simple pipeline using test sources, the
interleave element and my alsasink.  I'm essentially trying to have
different test sources interleaved into a multichannel stream, and played
out on the alsasink.  We are starting with basic two channel stereo right
now, so nothing too complicated.

The following pipeline using pulsesink, works:
gst-launch-1.0 -v interleave name=i ! pulsesink  audiotestsrc name=t1
volume=0.2 freq=133 ! queue ! i.  audiotestsrc name=t2 volume=0.1 freq=200 !
queue ! i.

Replacing pulsesink with alsasink results in:

WARN basesrc gstbasesrc.c:2933:gst_base_src_loop:<t1> error: Internal data
flow error.
WARN basesrc gstbasesrc.c:2933:gst_base_src_loop:<t1> error: streaming task
paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
INFO GST_ERROR_SYSTEM gstelement.c:1834:gst_element_message_full:<t1>
posting message: Internal data flow error.
GST_ERROR_SYSTEM gstelement.c:1857:gst_element_message_full:<t1> posted
error message: Internal data flow error.

Also:
WARN alsa conf.c:4694:snd_config_expand: alsalib error: Unknown parameters
{AES0 0x02 AES1 0x82 AES2 0x00 AES3 0x02}
WARN alsa pcm.c:2239:snd_pcm_open_noupdate: alsalib error: Unknown PCM
default:{AES0 0x02 AES1 0x82 AES2 0x00 AES3 0x02}

Removing a source, the audio will play...  I have created a custom app that
does basically the same thing as the launch pipeline, but it results in the
same errors.  I have also tried playing with channel masks and what not in
the app to no avail...

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks