alsa MIDI

Hungerburg pch13 at myzel.net
Wed Jul 16 02:08:12 PDT 2014

Gstreamer has some support for midi, although only turning into audio,
as fas as I found. I'd rather capture and playback midi events from and
to midi devices. Maybe someone on the list knows of such a module?

1) capture midi events from alsa midi port, probably mux into an AVI
container or write as a midi file

2) playback that stream of events to an alsa midi port

I now capture and play video with gstreamer and midi with arecordmidi
and aplaymidi started from the shell with deliberate delays but imagine
a pure gstreamer solution might provide better sync.

Thank you

--
peter