Problem with multiple tees in pipeline

yoyosuper8 yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 05:11:46 PDT 2014

Thank you all again for responding. Based on the replies, I was able to
somewhat accomplish the task. I say somewhat because it is not working 100%,
but I feel I'm very close. Here is what I have in my pipeline:

videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! t name=t t.
                                      ! queue ! valve name=snapshot
drop=true ! jpegenc ! filesink location=/sdcard/DCIM/pic1.jpg async=false t.
                                      ! queue ! eglglessink async=false
name=videosink t.

So, when I press on the button to do a snapshot, I change the drop property
to "false" in the valve and the snapshot is taken. At the same time the
video is being displayed on the videosink. A second later, I change the drop
property back to "true" in the valve to prevent the pic file from being
overwritten. At this point, the video stops displaying in the videosink. All
I see now is a still image of the videotestsrc. I thought maybe it was
because I have the t. at the end of the videosink branch, but that doesn't
make a difference.

I'm assuming that when I change the property to drop=true back, it stops the
entire pipeline, but I don't understand why. If that's the case, how can I
prevent it from doing so?

Thank you all again in advanced.