How to get global buffers from GstCheck

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Tue Jul 22 12:24:40 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using GstCheck to test a plugin I'm writing. Basically i want to inject
data and check the plugin output.

Right now i am probing the sink pad created with gst_check_setup_sink_pad
to get the produced data.

Is there a way to get the global buffers (there is already a drop funcion
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer
-libs/html/gstreamer-libs-GstCheck.html#gst-check-drop-buffers for them)
list (or a copy of it, which seems nicer) ?

The code is already probing the pad, it does not seem smart to have to prob
it again to get the buffers.

There is a function that does almost everything i want (and also works with
the global buffers):

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer
-libs/html/gstreamer-libs-GstCheck.html#gst-check-element-push-buffer-list

The problem is that i have to play with some properties of my plugin before
running the tests, these properties affect the results of the tests, so it
seems that i have to write a more controlled test fixture. It is not that
hard, just the probing seems unnecessary since GstCheck already accumulated
all the buffers for me.

Am i missing something or a function like this would be a welcome addition
to GstCheck ?

Best regards,
Tiago Katcipis