how to measure framerate output from source

yoyosuper8 yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 07:24:44 PDT 2014

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to measure the number of frames provided by
v4l2src. When I'm testing the pipeline, I use videotestsrc and I think that
videotestsrc is providing a higher amount of frames than v4l2src. I know
that videotestsrc is different from v4l2src because v4l2src is actually
connecting to the hardware. I'm just looking for a way to measure the amount
of frames v4l2src is outputting.

Here is my pipeline:
v4l2src ! videoconvert ! eglglessink name=videosink

I'm using gstreamer 1.2. I can't upgrade to 1.4 due to my current
requirements.
Also, when I switch back to v4l2src, eglglessink states in the logs that
frames are being dropped. When I add the property sync=false, that stops.

Any suggestions are appreciated.