1.4 GStreamer and the Black Sheep GL plugins

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jul 29 07:21:03 PDT 2014

Le mardi 29 juillet 2014 à 14:49 +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani a écrit :
> I looked deeper into this half a year ago, and thought I remembered
> seeing some tutorials about letting Gstreamer own a small portion in a
> windows windo, and letting it do its thing, but I've not been able to
> come up with anything while I searched today. Is it even possible to
> to pipe gStreamers output directly into a window it does not itself
> create, without the use of an appsink or the likes?

See GstVideoOverlay documentation. It also apply to glimagesink. This
documentation contains example for different widget library.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstvideooverlay.html

If you want to embed the video in your GL scene, you will have to
consider using GstGlContext thread for your operations (see libgstgl
library), and connect the draw signal from glimagesink. I haven't tested
that very well myself yet, but should go through this (and fixing if
needed) soon.

cheers,
Nicolas