gst_element_set_state failure and bus messages

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jul 29 09:56:01 PDT 2014

Le mardi 29 juillet 2014 à 16:33 +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani a écrit :
> The strange thing though is that I _didn't_ get any error messages.
> (I
> assume you mean getting error messages through the bus.)
> But if the state is undefined after a state change failure, it makes
> sense that I don't see any statechange messages on the bus.

Oh, not getting an error when the file location is invalid is not right.
I can't reproduce this issue on 1.2.4:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=no-found ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0: Resource
not found.

The failure came from an error posted on the bus.

Nicolas