Queries about usage of g_main_loop in Gstreamer Pipeline

Manoj89 manoj89vcet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:18:32 PDT 2014

Hi,
   (i) I am having following the situation in while feeding data to
Gstreamer pipeline

        pthread_create(&current_context->gthreadId, NULL, _thread,
current_context);

        void* _thread(void * context)
       {
          g_signal_connect (data->audioappsrc, "need-data",
(GCallback)start_audiofeed,context);
	  g_signal_connect(data->audioappsrc, "enough-data",
(GCallback)stop_audiofeed,context);
	  g_main_loop_run (gdata.loop);
          return 0;
       }

     My question is when I do g_main_loop_run from the pthread created by
the application and also I do g_main_loop_quit from my deinit routine it
crashes saying the segmentation fault(i.e basically stackoverflow problem)
.So can anybody explain how I can use the g_main_loop_run and
g_main_loop_quit from the application thread?

    (ii) Also give me an explanation what is streaming thread and at what
point this streaming thread is
        created?
        The Streaming thread is one which is created when I do
g_main_loop_run?

         Please clear my doubt regarding the streaming threads and threads
which application can create.