Encoding and streaming video+audio to UDP

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:15:27 PDT 2014

Hi Dmitri.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM, dmitrijs2005 <dmitrijs2005 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks again. Finally I got it running
> Now I got 2 more questions:
> Is it possible to send output to multiple ports using different quality
> (bitrate) for each?

Yes, but you have to encode each quality. No peeling/sligcing in x264. You
have to "tee" you video src in the pipeline and add another x264 with other
parameters. If you want to do low bandwidth encoding, you should quite
likely resize video for that specific quality. You can also think of using
non square pixels to further reduce bandwidth required.

> And then, what could I do to improve overall picture quality (now it looks
> quite pixelated)

Try add "tune=zerolatency" to your x264enc.

 Best regards
Peter Maersk-Moller