Transmuxing a TS stream to a matroska mux not possible

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:32:22 PDT 2014

Hi.

Using GStreamer 1.3.3 it seems impossible to transmux a TS stream with
H264/AAC to a matroska stream. Can that really be true?

I think the problem is that the tsdemuxer reports the audio stream to be
MPEG-2 ADTS although it is muxed as
'mpeg/audio,mpegversion=4,streamformat=raw', but I believe the tsmuxer
might convert it to ADTS as I believe a TS muxed stream can only be ADTS
inside and not raw. That the demuxer finds ADTS stream-format might make
sense, but finding mpeg/audio mpegversion=2 does not make sense I think. Is
this an error?

The pipeline tried used for transmuxing is this

gst-launch-1.0 -v \
        udpsrc port=8000
caps='application/x-rtp,media=video,clock-rate=90000,encoding-name=MP2T,payload=96'
do-timestamp=false do-timestamp=true !\
        queue                   !\
        rtpmp2tdepay            !\
        queue                   !\
        tsparse                 !\
        queue                   !\
        tsdemux name=demux      !\
        queue                   !\
        identity silent=false !\
        aacparse                !\
        queue                   !\
        mux. demux.         !\
        queue                   !\
        h264parse               !\
        queue                   !\
        matroskamux name=mux streamable=true !\
        queue                   !\
        tcpserversink host=0.0.0.0 port=5020 sync-method=2
recover-policy=keyframe

But this pipeline hangs as the aacparse can not generate what matrooskamux
needs from what aacparse receives as input.

The pipeline used for generating the TS stream is this

        gst-launch-1.0 \
        aacparse                !\
        'audio/mpeg, mpegversion=4, stream-format=raw' !\
        queue                   !\
        mpegtsmux name=tsmux    !\
        queue                   !\
        tsparse ! chopmydata max-size=1316 ! rtpmp2tpay ! queue ! udpsink
port=8000 host=192.168.10.56 tv. !\
        queue ! h264parse ! tsmux.