Queries about libgstsouphttpsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 26 00:19:53 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-06-24 at 06:46 -0700, Manoj89 wrote:
> Hi,
>     (i) Tell me in which lib I can get this "g_io_module_load_static_module"
> defined?
>
>     (ii) I have added the patch given here
>

> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-commits/2014-February/077660.html
>
>        Is it the correct way doing "static-modules for gio"

There is no "correct" way of doing that yet until the relevant changes
are merged into GLib and glib-networking. But the patches you need are
these:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/tree/recipes/glib/0001-Unhide-_g_io_modules_ensure_extension_points_registe.patch
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/tree/recipes/glib-networking/0001-Add-support-for-static-modules.patch

Then you can link in the libgiognutls.a into your app and call
> g_io_module_gnutls_register()
to register it.

Or if you build with cerbero you get all these patches automatically
already.

Expertise, Straight from the Source