Problem porting a gst plugin from 0.10 to 1.2.0: pipeline in GST_STATE_PLAYING state, but no audio.

Lei Miao leimiao09 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:42:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am having troubles to port a plugin from 0.10 to 1.2.0. Basically, this
plugin decrypts audio data fetched by souphttpsrc, and it is working well
in 0.10.

Currently in 1.2.0, I am able to add a playbin and a sink to a pipeline,
and all necessary elements seem to be identified correctly. I am also able
to set the pipeline's state to "GST_STATE_PAUSED" and then to
"GST_STATE_PLAYING". However, there is no audio output in the
GST_STATE_PLAYING state. I have tried to examine the debug outputs. Here
are the findings:

1. No GstBuffer activities when the pipeline is in GST_STATE_PLAYING state.
There is some GstBuffer activities before that, and souphttpsrc is able to
fetch some data before entering GST_STATE_PLAYING state too.

2. I am seeing query activities when the pipeline is in GST_STATE_PLAYING
state.

3. The application cannot get duration and position:
"playbin gstplaybin2.c:2654:gst_play_bin_query:<playbin> Taking cached
duration because of pending group switch: 1"

4. I am seeing the following message when the pipeline's state is changed
to GST_STATE_PLAYING:
"gst_segment_to_stream_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed"

5. "seekable" query result is false. It used to be true in 0.10.

Does anybody know what might be wrong? Any guesses are welcome. I can post
more specific information if needed.

Regards,

LM