Stack memory issue with gstreamer

Haakon Sporsheim haakon.sporsheim at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:32:40 PDT 2014

Hi

1. How many bytes are "leaking" every iteration? Is it a factor of page
size? It doesn't look like it based on your massif output, but I might be
wrong. If not, how many bytes?
2. Would be interesting to monitor 'grep stack /proc/$pid/maps' to see
whats going on while the app runs. If you have procfs (and are running on
linux) that is.

Since you are stopping and starting the pipeline, you are basically joining
a couple of threads and starting new ones. Running your app in GDB would
probably show messages indicating this. Could it be a leak in either the
kernel or user space threading library? Far fetched, but maybe worth while
checking out? Writing a simple application spawning a lot of threads should
in theory then be "leaking" as well.

Best regards,
Haakon