GStreamer FLAC pipeline creation error

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon May 5 15:51:13 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 18:17 -0400, David Griffin wrote:

Hi David,

> I'm very new to using GStreamer. I modified the hello world in
> documentation to work with .flac files instead, but it their is an
> error with the pipeline. I've been trying to figure out my problem for
> a few days. Can anybody help locate my faulty logic?
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23481038/gstreamer-flac-pipeline-creation-error

You need a parser in front of the decoder here.

In your code, replace "oggdemux" with "flacparse". Don't forget to add
it back to the gst_element_link_many() call between filesrc and the
decoder. You can keep the "pad-added" g_signal_connect() + callback
commented out, it's not needed for parsers.

You can try to find the right pipeline with gst-launch-1.0 first:

 gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/path/to/foo.flac ! flacparse !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink

or

 gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///path/to/foo.flac !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink

or just

 gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path/to/foo.flac

 Cheers
  -Tim