vaapidecode to xvimagesink

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:50:01 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Joe McDonald <joe.mcdonald at vecima.com>wrote:

> Nicolas Dufresne-3 wrote
> > This is straight into the post-proc element. I'd revisite this element
> > code and fix dynamic framerate support before making any conclusion on
> > performance.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Nicolas
>
> Thanks Nicholas,
>
> This plugin has not been developed by me and unfortunately I'm not up to
> speed enough to make any changes to the element itself yet.  Would this
> issue explain why I'm completely unable to scale the output video
> resolution?  I'm not making any modifications to the frame rate so not sure
> why dynamic frame-rate support would even be utilized in this case.
>
> Regards,
> Joe

rrezavi and I worked on the update to vaapidecode to get vaapidownload
working again, but I have to admit we didn't pay much attention to postproc
as it wasn't an element we had immediate need of. It could easily still be
full of bugs. As well, we had to play things by ear while working, since it
wasn't always clear what the original authors intended, so we probably
messed up in various places.

We're hoping the original authors will take up our patches and integrate
them, with an eye to correcting any obvious errors of ours.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.