Getting the mime-type of content returned by httpsoupsrc?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Tue May 6 09:25:35 PDT 2014

I'm working on a program that can handle a number of different input
formats, and I am wondering how to handle the remote fetching of URLs.

If someone hands me a location of http://www.foo.com/content

I can't know for sure if I'll get back a web page, a jpeg, an .mp3 or what.
In each case I'll need a different pipeline, of course.

Now GStreamer has a typefind system for this kind of issue, but I'm not
sure how to hook it to httpsoupsrc.  The 'typefind' property of that
element doesn't seem to do anything that I can detect, and I'm not sure how
one otherwise sets up a typefinder. So far I've just relied on decodebin.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.