Using Adder for two audio Sources

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 11:41:47 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-04-17 at 04:25 -0700, pgwanz wrote:
> I am trying to use adder to add two audio sources to a pipeline, one being
> ether a beep or silence and the other from an audio source (file). My
> pipeline only seems to work when I have the audio souce (from) file
> available. Is there any way I can set these so that I can play either one or
> both. Many thanks

Without more information about what exactly you do and how it fails, or
some example code that demonstrates the problem it won't be easy to help
you.

But in the adder documentation you will see some pipelines that mix
together multiple streams, best to use those as a starting point. If you
want to dynamically add and remove sources to the adder during playback
more attention is needed though and you should read the documentation
about dynamic pipelines and synchronization. Or ask again here with the
exact problem you're trying to solve.

Expertise, Straight from the Source