Problems with a pair of interaudiosrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 13:10:35 PDT 2014

On So, 2014-04-27 at 16:08 +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was having a hard time making something work in an experimental piece
> of code for ekiga, getting:
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstInterAudioSrc:interaudiosrc0: Internal data
> flow error.
>
> After searching for a while, I noticed that the problem happens only
> when I use two interaudiosrc elements in one of my pipelines.
>
> And indeed, the following command-line also gives the same problem:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! interaudiosink channel=chann0
> interaudiosrc channel=chann0 ! audioconvert ! adder name=mixer !
> fakesink audiotestsrc ! interaudiosink channel=chann1 interaudiosrc
> channel=chann1 ! audioconvert ! mixer.
>
> Notice that I know inter* elements are to make different pipelines
> communicate and that's the case in my experimental code, but I wanted to
> make a minimal example, and the one fits the bill.
>
> I'm wondering if I didn't uncover a bug in interaudiosrc, because
> intervideosrc has been working flawlessly in a similar setting.

The above pipeline looks like it is supposed to work just fine, note
however that adder is not doing any synchronization at all. If you need
that take a look at the audiomixer element from gst-plugins-bad (new
since 1.3).

Could you file a bug about that pipeline not working?

> In addition to this problem, I was wondering how portable the inter*
> elements are (mostly win, mosx, android, *bsd) ?

They don't do anything platform specific, so should work everywhere.

Expertise, Straight from the Source