Identity Element in silent=FALSE mode not printing anything

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue May 6 15:08:02 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 14:46 -0700, renecalles wrote:

> I am using a local filesrc, so i guess the demuxer runs in pull mode.
> I connected a bus signal watcher to the pipeline with
>
>   bus = gst_pipeline_get_bus (GST_PIPELINE (pipeline));
>   bus_watch_id = gst_bus_add_watch (bus, bus_callback, pipeline);
>   gst_object_unref (bus);
>
> then in bus_callback function i do a switch for GST_MESSAGE_TYPE.
> Here i receive GST_MESSAGE_EOS but not GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE.
>
> Is this correct so far? Or do i need to check on the demuxer itself for the
> segment-done signal?

I'm a bit confused by all this talk about the 'segment-done signal'.

There is no such signal that I'm aware of. I assume you mean the
message. You will only get that message if you explicitly requested it
by doing a seek with the SEGMENT seek flag set, then you will get a
SEGMENT_DONE message, otherwise you'll get an EOS.

Posting minimal clean code somewhere is always good. The fewer lines and
the cleaner the more likely someone will look at it.

 Cheers
  -Tim