qt5.2 gstreamer subtitle display

sky2 skyqute at gmail.com
Wed May 7 23:51:15 PDT 2014

Hi Luis,

  Thank you for the reply. To answer your question: The flags
GST_PLAY_FLAG_VIDEO,  GST_PLAY_FLAG_AUDIO, GST_PLAY_FLAG_TEXT are already
set (default?) on playbin2 and if I let the code to set
GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_AUDIO ( flags |= GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_VIDEO; ) then the
subtitles are not shown. The suburi property is just ignored. Is that the
expected behaviour?

I am kind of intrigued because the older version of Qt (4.8.4) does set the
GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_VIDEO flag. But if there is a .srt file with the same
name as the video file then the subtiles automatically show up. I am left
wondering where the change has happened because I am using the same
GStreamer-0.10 with both of them and Qt 4.8.4 and Qt 5.2 plugin code does
not have much ( or any) differences at all.

Now that I know that I have to set the suburi and unset the
GST_PLAY_FLAG_NATIVE_AUDIO, I will change the Qt 5.2 plugin code
accordingly.

Best regards,
Sky

Ps:- I have posted the same question on other sites(Qt forums and
Stackoverflow) too. May I quote you and post the answer there?