Webcamera capture on Windows.

Thiago Santos ts.santos at sisa.samsung.com
Tue May 20 09:13:23 PDT 2014

On 05/20/2014 02:07 AM, K_AA wrote:
> Hello!
> I've installed the gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.2.4.1.msi and
> gstreamer-1.0-devel-x86-1.2.4.1.msi.
> I want to create a simple voip application using Qt. But I can't capture
> video from the webcam.
> I tried camerabin but it doesn't work... (gst-launch-1.0 camerabin mode=2 !
> autovideosink).
>
> How I can capture video form webcam on Windows?

I don't know what is the camera capture element for windows but you can
easily find that out using

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! videoconvert ! queue ! autovideosink -v

and check the elements that are used.

Also about camerabin, you don't need to set the videosink as camerabin
is a full pipeline (like playbin), you control it from its properties
and signals. The default is to use autovideosink so just remove that
part and try it. If you find that you have a working camera source and
that camerabin can't use it please report a bug.

Thanks,

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley