Issues trying to synchronise video appsrc with audio

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed May 21 00:55:51 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-05-21 at 09:46 +0200, stic at free.fr wrote:
> please can you give me advices on how I can synchronise correctly video and audio in my case ?
> Do you know if I have to insert empty buffers to compensate the fact that the appsrc video input does not push data when the input is not changing ?

If you don't produce video buffers when the input does not change,
that's not a problem at all. Just make sure that the timestamps are
correct after the gap, and don't just continue as if there was no gap
and a constant framerate was produced (like what the code you pasted
would do).

If your video source produces buffers in real time, you might just take
the current clock time at the moment you capture (minus
gst_element_get_base_time()) as the buffer timestamp. That's what
basesrc would do if do-timestamp=true.

Expertise, Straight from the Source