AVSync issue in MOV file in Windows media player & GOM player

Thiago Santos ts.santos at sisa.samsung.com
Thu May 22 05:06:53 PDT 2014

On 05/22/2014 04:05 AM, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have generated an MOV file using the pipeline
>
> gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=10 name=src ! src.! video/x-raw ! queue !
> videoconvert ! x264enc ! qtmux name=mux ! filesink location=out.mov  src.!
> audio/x-raw ! voaacenc ! mux.
>
> The generated file plays perfectly on VLC and also using GST playbin.
> However it has AV Sync issues on players such as Windows media player and
> GOM
>
> Can someone through some light on isolating the issue, whether the generated
> file has issue or player issue? Any pointer for debugging will be helpful
Are you familiar with the quicktime format? I'd start by checking if the
file has a 'edts' entry for the tracks. It is added when video or audio
has a delayed start (one starts at 0s and the other at 1s, for example)
and this edts signals this to players. It might be that media player is
ignoring this atom. There is a utility called qtdump (in debian/ubuntu
it is in quicktime-utils package) that can show you the file structure.

> ~BO
>

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley