reg crash

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri May 23 03:49:29 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 15:20 +0530, praveen kumar wrote:

Hi,

> currently am implemented application in ubuntu with gstreamer-0.8.10

Amusing, this is a prehistoric version of GStreamer that's more than 9
years old and two major ABI/API revisions behind (and not even the
latest 0.8 version that was released btw).

Don't expect people will remember too much about 0.8 :)

> I used the below pipeline
>
> alsasrc device=stream1pcm ! audioconvert ! level ! audioscale !
> audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-float,rate=11025,channels=1 !
> echoprintcodegen
>

> Code Snippet:
> gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline), source, convert, level,
> scale,convertout,codegen, NULL);
>     gst_element_link_many(source, convert,
> level,scale,convertout,codegen,NULL);
>

> after 8 hours run my application is crash

If you see a 'crash', run the code in gdb so you get a stack trace and
know where exactly the crash is coming from in the code. Make sure to
build libc, glib, gstreamer with debugging symbols.

Also check memory usage. If it increases over time, there may be a leak
and memory allocation may eventually fail.

Cheers
 -Tim