no signal message on GstBus with pygoject binding

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue May 27 08:32:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 15:27 +0000, wambenarcisse wrote:

Hi,

Please reply to the mailing list in future.

> From my ONE TOUCH MAGIC
>
> In fact, I'm on windows I use the pyobject binding for this os PyAio
>
> What i use is: bus.connect("message", myhandler)
>
> So I don't need a watch

You still need a 'signal watch' that fires the signal then. And a main
loop.

>  and Yes, I'm running a Gtk main loop because my app has a GUI
>
> Even if I use a watch properly i get the same situation. But with a plain c code all things go right.
> But using c is very heavy.

What does 'use a watch properly' mean?

Perhaps you could make a very small test application for us that shows
the issue. Then we can tell if you do things properly or not, and can
figure out where the problem is.

 Cheers
  -Tim