Flushing the pipeline in GST 0.10

vks7979 vikas.bm.x at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:49:26 PDT 2014

*Tim* :
Yup we can flush it. I am sending the flush event directly to the sink pad
using gst_pad_send_event().
But when we resume playback it simply fails to start.

As you said I am facing issues with the state of source. The sink pad of
demux blocks because of the flush. We see GST_FLOW_WRONG_STATE returned to
the source.

*Nicolas* : The pipeline does flush when we use seek. But the playback
restarts from the beginning.

/gst_element_seek (pipeline, 1, GST_FORMAT_TIME, GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, 0 , GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, 0);
/

Is there anything else that I need to be doing here?

Thanks,
Vikas