Writing Source Help

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed May 28 10:01:55 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Spielvogel
<andrews at harvestai.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to writing plugins and am trying to write a source for an IDS
> camera.  After looking around, it seems that I should use GstBaseSrc::start
> to start the camera and GstBaseSrc::stop to stop the camera.  What should I
> use to retrieve a frame from the camera and push the the frame to the
> source? GstBaseSrc::create?  Does anyone have any advice or examples for how
> to write a source?

Take a look at gst-plugins-vision which has lots of camera sources,
mostly for industrial frame grabbers.
https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision

If you wish to release the source for your element, that would even be
a good place to put it.

-Josh