How does the application push the buffers from new position for appsrc seekable

Manoj89 manoj89vcet at gmail.com
Fri May 30 23:14:04 PDT 2014

Hi,
   (i) I get the video and audio frames of unequal size from application
thread.So When I get A/V frames of
      size 100,250,1090 etc how do i keep track of the bytes or position so
that when I get "new-position "
      from appsrc  "seek-data" callback application can start pushing data
from "new-position".

  (ii) In already existing example "appsrc-seekable.c"

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/tests/examples/app/appsrc-seekable.c

      They map file on the local disk to appsrc where they get the
"file-length" and "file-data" prior to pushing
      to appsrc so that the "new-position" can be easily read from the
mapped file contents.

  (iii) But in case of network pushing A/V frames how we can perform this?
Any examples on this?

With Regards
Manoj