Listening on EOS events for GstBin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 5 03:26:58 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-11-05 at 02:51 -0800, enienws wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried too many different ways to accomplish specified tast without
> any success. This is why, I am responding you late.
> [...]

Currently the only way to intercept EOS messages from some bin inside
your pipeline (but not wait for the complete pipeline!) is to make this
bin a new GstBin subclass.

And in that GstBin subclass you would override the handle_message()
virtual method. In that virtual method you can then decide to drop the
message or do whatever you want. Note that handle_message() will usually
be called from some random streaming thread and it is generally not safe
to change the state of the bin from in there.