does the OpenH264 plugin use 'Cisco-Provided Binary ' ?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 18 01:44:13 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-11-18 at 11:29 +0200, Jacob S wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> If I understand correctly in order to use openh264 with the licence
> included you need to download the binary from cisco web site, does the
> gstreamer openh264 plugin support that ?

You would have to download the binary from the Cisco website and then
link the plugin against that. This should work just fine.

Note however that you can't redistribute the binary yourself AFAIU.
Every user of your application has to download it themselves (or it
needs to be automatically downloaded by your application). Which is what
Firefox for example does.