Simple pipeline working with GStreamer 0.10 but not with 1.0

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Nov 19 02:35:00 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 15:48 +0530, Chetan Nanda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to GStreamer development.
> I am getting an issue while running a simple GStreamer pipeline
>
> Command below passes with a window pops up with some colorbar pattern
> on it.
> $gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! autovideosink
>
> But when launching the same with Gstreamer version 1.0 is not working.
> Window is pops up but is blank.
> $gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink
>
> ------ logs -------------
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
> --------------------------
>

> I am working on Ubuntu 13.04 under Virtualbox.
>
> Please provide some pointer to debug this further.

I remember seeing this (also on ubuntu running in a VM). I think it was
a bug in eglglessink.

Try upgrading to a newer Ubuntu version that has a newer version of
GStreamer, such as 14.10.

Or remove the eglglessink plugin, or just specify an imagesink directly
instead of using autovideosink, e.g. ximagesink or xvimagesink.

 Cheers
  -Tim