gstreamer hls player

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:15:36 PST 2014

Hi,

I want to implement hls player using gstreamer by implementing the
pipeline described in the following link:

https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/05/http-adaptive-streaming-with-gstreamer/

I have the following doubts:

1.we have souphttpsrc plugin,that plugin i can use for downloading the
http stream
2.After that query for data type whether the stream has streams of mp4
type ot ts type
   and depending upon that i have to choose demuxer,decoder and then renderer.

3.If my understanding is correct or i need something else to implement
the hls player.
4.what are the challenges in implementing gstreamer based hls
player,is there any pseudo code
or links which i can follow.

Regards
Mayank