AW: valve, unexpected functionality

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 20 02:18:49 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-11-20 at 10:13 +0000, Thornton, Keith wrote:
> Hello Sebastian
> Thank you for your answer. I will go the way of changing the pipeline
> dynamically.
> Fyi. Under windows, setting async=false leads to the EOS handling not
> being executed so the pipeline doesn't go from PLAYING to PAUSED ...
> I then have to terminate it with Ctrl-C.

That seems wrong, do you have this behaviour with d3dvideosink and
glimagesink on Windows? And as you specifically say Windows, you mean
that the same works just fine on not-Windows? Or you didn't test it
elsewhere?

I would expect this to behave the same everywhere unless there's a
shutdown bug in d3dvideosink. And unless the valve drops the EOS event
and it never arrives in the video sink after it :)