Available environment vars

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 24 00:32:49 PST 2014

On So, 2014-11-23 at 12:44 +0100, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
> On 11/23/2014 12:32 PM, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Might be a noob question but how do I find the available environment
> > variables to control the behaviour of gstreamer.
> >
> > For example I'm trying out an openGL ES setup but on my desktop it by
> > default opens a regular GL context. There's probably some variable
> > somewhere to set the GL api?
> >
> > like: GST_GL_API=gles2 gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! glimagesink
> >

> A grep revealed some info in gstgldisplay.c
> So I got it to work using
>
> GST_GL_PLATFORM=x11 GST_GL_API=gles2 GST_GL_WINDOW=x11 gst-launch-1.0 ..
>
> Bit how in general would one find these vars?

Ideally they would be inside the documentation, otherwise the only way
to find them is by looking at the code.
Currently these are documented:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gst-running.html
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-running.html

The GL parts don't seem to be documented here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-libs/html/gl.html

Can you file a bug about this at http://bugzilla.gnome.org , ideally
with a patch against the documentation? :)