RTSP streaming - IP address query

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 24 00:37:43 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-11-21 at 01:13 -0800, karan wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to make RTSP stream within local network. I am using *test-launch.c*
> example application from gst-rtsp-server source for this.
>
> My server IP address : *192.168.0.101*
> My client IP address  : *192.168.0.102*
> [...]
> In client :
> /*gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.101:8554/test \
> ! rtph264depay \
> ! queue ! ffdec_h264 \
> ! xvimagesink sync=false*/

You should use GStreamer 1.x, 0.10 is no longer maintained since more
than two years and especially around the RTP/RTSP support there were
hundreds of improvements since then.

> My question is :
> *Is it possible to use client's IP address to stream from server and to
> receive in client ?*
>
> Because My problem is that,
> I have to implement rtsp stream in our IMX6 solo based custom board with GSM
> modem.
> Here I have to stream from our board and receive it in PC.
> *SIM card doesn't have a PUBLIC IP address and so I will not be able to
> receive the stream in PC.*

RTSP has the so-called RECORD method:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2326#page-39

This allows a client to send data to an RTSP server. Currently this is
not supported by gst-rtsp-server yet but it could be implemented.

> NOTE : I was able to make UDP stream from our board and receive it PC with
> following commands.
> MY PC's Public IP address : *XXX.XX.124.9*
> [...]
>
> *Help me to make RTSP stream from our custom board to PC.

All your examples are using plain RTP and no RTSP. Do you need RTSP?