Proposal: GstCheck: gst_check_get_buffers

Tiago Katcipis tiagokatcipis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:44:00 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 15:51 -0200, Tiago Katcipis wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'm writing some tests using GstCheck and until now I have been able
> > to test using gst_check_element_push_buffer_list.
> >
> > But since it only checks the size and contents of the buffers I can't
> > use it to check other information's about the buffers, like timestamp,
> > duration, etc.
> >
> > I already had other problem before (like being unable to set
> > properties on the element that is being tested on
> > gst_check_element_push_buffer_*), in the end I configure a chain
> > function and grab all the data.
> >
> > But GstCheck is already doing this and storing all data on its
> > internal buffers list. Would be too bad if we had an
> > gst_check_get_buffers to peek on the buffers ?
> >
> > In the end I feel like I'm redoing GstCheck work.
>
> Isn't that 'internal' buffer list variable actually exported as GList*
> under the name of 'buffers' ? (no namespacing sadly)

Yes it is:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/libs/gst/check/gstcheck
.h#n52

Sorry for the noise, honestly the idea of a variable with such a
simple/small name being external was so odd to me that I didn't noticed
that on the .c it is not declared as static (and of course I did not
checked the header either).

It is really sad that it does not have any namespacing :-).

Thanks for pointing this out Tim.

Again sorry.