Internal data flow error on Android gstreamer hardware decoding

Harish Sakhare harish_sakhare at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 07:23:16 PDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am developing an application on Android using GStreamer. The application
is to receive a mpegts stream over udp via wifi and play it on the tablet.

The video stream received will be from HD camera 1920x1080p at 30fps /60fps.
The tablet used is a Samsung Galaxy Tab4.

I am using gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.4.3-release sdk.

Below is my pipeline which receives video streaming over UDP.

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc caps=\"video/mpegts,
systemstream=(boolean)true, packet-size=(int)188\" ! tsdemux !  h264parse !
queue ! amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder ! glimagesink " , &error);

This pipeline works but the streamed video looks blurred and has a lag. I
guess we need to use hardware decoder to decode video stream instead of
software decoder. So I have used hardware decoder
"amcviddec-omxqcomvideodecoderavc" of tab4. Using this decoder pipeline
builds successfully but when I press play button I see "Internal data flow
error".

Can any one please help me resolve this issue. I am not clear on why we get
this error only when I use hardware decoder from samsung galaxy tab4.

Thanks and Regards,

 Harish Sakhare.