rtspsrc cpu optimization

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:25:50 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Olivier Crête
<olivier.crete at collabora.com> wrote:
> For each receive pipeline, you should only have two threads involved in
> the streaming, one taking packets from the network socket to the
> jitterbuffer. And one taking packets from the jitterbuffer. If you have
> audio and video, then that's a total of 4 threads.

We are only dealing with video. According to gdb on X86, I see lot of
thread creation  and only some exiting !
http://fpaste.org/141895/17469141/
So you think it is not a normal behavior ?
I will look deeper on it.

> There is also a rtpbin containing all of those. The number of elements
> doesn't really affect the number of threads or the performance much.

we are already using rtpbin in rtspsrc. It looks like rtpbin take a
"lot" ( comparing to live555) of CPU.
If you say that pipeline design does not affect the performance,
that's good to know.