Compose X window content and webcam input

Paolo Bolzoni paolo.bolzoni.brown at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:13:24 PDT 2014

Dear list,

In few weeks I have to do a presentation via the Internet.  I was
wondering if using gstreamer it is possible to compose the
content of a window (for example a browser displaying the slides)
and the webcam.

Finally I was thinking to send this video stream to a
v4l2loopback to use it in any program able to use the webcam.

It is possible? I found the documentation a little daunting, but
I will be happy to study it a little if pointed in the right
direction.

your faithfully,
Paolo