Best graphics card brand for GStreamer?

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 03:32:39 PDT 2014

Until this week I've been using GStreamer 0.10 and a growing number of
customers started to have lots of problems with Intel 4000 chipsets found in
their new laptops, dshowvideosink was displaying a black box.  It was rather
a problem with the latest drivers (older drivers seemed to work) than with
GStreamer itself.  Simply, the Intel drivers are very buggy!  Search the
internet for all sorts of problems people have with them.  When I started
using GStreamer 1.4.3, all video issues went away, but it doesn't mean the
bugs are not there, the Intel drivers are buggy.