Encoding raw video

truthz03 thomas.tr at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 00:51:30 PDT 2014

I have problems encoding and saving raw video data.
First I created an pipeline which gives me bytes over an appsink. This bytes
will be used to feed a second pipeline. If I feed the second pipeline only
with audio data everything works fine. If I feed the second pipeline only
with video data something strange happens. An output file will be created
and also has an preview image so there are some pictures recorded, but when
I try to play the file it stops immediately after it starts. Also strange is
that when the recording is running the whole app stops after some seconds
without any message.
Me pipeline looks like this:
appsrc->capsfilter->videoconvert->videoscale->videoconvert->videorate->videoconvert->avenc_mpeg4->mpeg4videoparse->matroskamux->filesink

The appsrc has the following properties:
g_object_set (videoSrc, "do-timestamp", TRUE, NULL);
g_object_set (videoSrc, "is-live", TRUE, NULL);
g_object_set (videoSrc, "block", FALSE, NULL);
gst_app_src_set_latency(GST_APP_SRC(videoSrc), 0, 100);

The capsfilter got the caps property from the first pipeline so the format
should be ok.

I hope you can help me.
Thanks Thomas