Video freezes and continues while reading RTSP, no buffering msg comes, using playbin2

mezik mWindowsHz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:44:43 PDT 2014

Hi
I am writing a dll using gstreamer. the dll Gets the url and opens the rtsp
stream then passes recived uncompressed buffers to application for video
analysing.

I use playbin2

then change the video-sink to appsink.

pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin2
uri=rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov")

/* Set playbin2's audio sink to be our sink bin */
g_object_set(GST_OBJECT(pipeline), "video-sink", sink, NULL);

setting appsink to emit signals and drop and save some buffers in its queue,
gst_app_sink_set_emit_signals((GstAppSink*)sink, true);
gst_app_sink_set_drop((GstAppSink*)sink, true);
gst_app_sink_set_max_buffers((GstAppSink*)sink, 100);

Then I set the pipeline state to playing.

I created callback for new_buffer, where I receive the new buffers reaching
the appsink
GstAppSinkCallbacks callbacks = { NULL, new_preroll, new_buffer,
		new_buffer_list, { NULL } };
gst_app_sink_set_callbacks(GST_APP_SINK(sink), &callbacks, NULL, NULL);

also have a callback to read all the messages passed to bus.
gst_bus_add_signal_watch(bus);
g_signal_connect(bus, "message", G_CALLBACK(cb_message), &data);

I listen to buffering messages, and when percent is lower then 100 I pause
the pipline then I set to play again.

I have a funciton to recive the new buffers from the new_buffer callback

My problem is:
The stream does not play smoothly there are several pauses, but no buffering
message passed to bus.

Please If you can help me
My goal is smooth video , and also low latency since I am using the video
for analyzing app.

I understand playbin2 takes care of buffering,
should I set buffer-size, or buffer-duration? (tried it did not change the
problem) what is the meaning of these properties?

Is there anything else to do.

I am using 0.10 (from www.gstreamer.com)
also today tried the same code( with some fixes) to use 1.4 version from
official site.
but still no luck.

If someone could help me. I would be very grateful
I can post more of my code, to help clarify.

Thanks in advance
Mezik