videobalance element and cpu usage

®åg∑ †π rashmi at tatapowersed.com
Thu Oct 30 05:49:39 PDT 2014

Hi ,

I have a gstreamer pipeline to capture video from a v4l2 source with a DVI
output .I have used videobalance plugin to control brightness
saturation,hue,contrast of video.I find that the adding of video balance
elemnt increases the cpu usage greatly(upto 89-92%).I am currently trying
this out on a arm board and hence cPU usage matters greatly.Following is the
pipeline that I am using:

gst-launch-0.10  v4l2src input-src=fpga always-copy=FALSE
crop-area=160,25 at 1024x768 ! queue  !
'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)NV12,width=1024,height=768,
framerate=(fraction)15/1' ! queue  ! dmaiaccel ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
'video/x-raw-rgb,bpp=32,depth=24' ! videobalance ! ffmpegcolorspace !
dmaiperf print-arm-load=true  !  dmaiaccel ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoOutput=DVI
videoStd=720P_50 enable-last-buffer=false

What is causing this problem?(Without  videobalance the cpu usage is arnd
23%)