matroska muxer caps filter problem

surendra rgouthami409 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:25:54 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am facing below problem while constructing the pipe line:

Below pipe line works fine don’t have problem with the by setting the caps
directly on the pipe line:

pipeline = gst_parse_launch("uridecodebin name= src
uri=rtsp://root:axis@10.33.14.3:554/axis-media/media.amp !queue name=demux1
! matroskamux name=mux ! filesink location=test.mkv name=filesink1 ! appsrc
name=src1 ! text/x-raw, application/x-subtitle-unknown, format=(string)utf8
! mux.", NULL);

When i insert a caps filter to  appsrc to set the properties as mentioned in
the below pipe line is having issue:

pipeline = gst_parse_launch("rtspsrc name= src
location=rtsp://root:axis@10.33.14.3:554/axis-media/media.amp ! rtph264depay
name=demux1 ! h264parse ! matroskamux name=mux ! filesink location=test.mkv
name=filesink1 ! appsrc name=src1 ! capsfilter caps=text/x-raw,
application/x-subtitle-unknown, format=(string)utf8 ! mux.", NULL);

Error: Filter caps do not completely specify the output format

Can some one help me in correct the second pipeline

Regards,
Surendra