Plugin not listed in gst-inspect

Srinath, Kamaldeep kasrinat at akamai.com
Wed Sep 10 09:56:21 PDT 2014

Have you set your GST_PLUGIN_PATH to your GStreamer libs path?

I am facing a similar issue and would like to know why get-inspect wont
find my plugin. The plugin did compile fine. But I also received the
following warnings:

$ make
  CC       myfilter_la-myfilter.lo
gstmyfilter.c:2242:1: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type [enabled by default]
 GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (
 ^
gstmyfilter.c:2242:1: warning: (near initialization for
'gst_plugin_desc.plugin_init') [enabled by default]
  CC       libgstmyfilter_la-utilities.lo

Would any of these warnings cause get-inspect to not find the plugin?

Thanks
Kamal