Keeping audio and video in sync

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Sep 22 16:57:10 PDT 2014

I'm trying to use a pipeline of the form:

playbin buffer-size=0 buffer-duration=0 uri=<dvb-ts> audio-sink="alsasink" video-sink="videoscale ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=(string)RGBA,width=956,height=596 ! fakesink sync=false"

to render DVB streams created using gst_parse_launch. I'm using fakesink as I just want to be able to capture the video frames on demand while the audio keeps playing.

This starts ok, but as time passes the video gets behind the audio and the audio eventually stops due to it being too far out of sync. What should I add to the pipeline to stop this, given that I can live with dropped video frames?

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com